Sunday, September 2, 2012

Are contact lenses safe?

I'm 13 years old, turning 14 in November. I want to get colourful/patterned contact lenses for Halloween this year to scare my friends, just for fun. I've been wearing glasses for about 3 months, short sighted.

An optometrist told my parents that people as young as 13 shouldn't wear contact lenses and that you have to be around 14 or 15 to start wearing them, but some people even at the age of 11 wear lenses. (correction lenses)

The lenses I want to get don't correct your vision, only make your eyes look… creepy. Some of my friends say to stay away from them because they can scratch your eyes or you could get an infection or go blind, but some of my friends say that they're fine… should someone my age wear 'party lenses'? Why/why not? Thanks.
>>> Are contact lenses safe?