Saturday, September 8, 2012

Will contact lenses ruin my eyes?

This may sound dumb. I don't know.but I've had my contacts for nearly two weeks and I had the check up appointment. The optician asked how long I was wearing them for each day and I said 10 hours. He said the maximum I should be wearing them for is 8 hours since I'm still underage (I'm 15) and its not good for the eyes.

I don't want to ruin my eyes but I kinda have to wear them for 10 hours because I'm at school all day and then by the time I get home it's been nearly 10 hours even though I take them off straight away when I do get home. Also, I don't wear them on weekends. Will something bad happen to my eyes if i continue to wear them for this long for 5 days a week. Sometimes, at the end of the day I find I do get a minor headache but I hope that's just me adjusting to them… (I wear daily disposables)

Also, I really like contact lenses even though it can be a hassle sometimes and I find them more practical than glasses (which unfortunately I don't like)
>>> Will contact lenses ruin my eyes?