Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Why do my gas permeable contacts get blurry?

I have had these contacts for a year and a half (they're hard lens) and as of the last six months or so they sometimes get blurry. Usually it's only one eye. I will take out my contact to clean it and it has an oily like film coating it. I will clean it and put it back in but within minutes this same oily-like film is back.It is making it terribly difficult for me to wear these and I am getting seriously fed up. I have a terrible astigmatism and my eyes are terrible.My glasses make my eyes ten times bigger than they are and I have never felt good wearing them so I do try to avoid them as much as possible. I am highly considering going back to regular contact lenses but was first hoping there was something I could do to prevent this blurriness and discomfort.

I also forgot to mention that I do have an eye appointment on Monday but thought I'd ask the question on here first, hoping for some answers as while putting in my contacts today the left one got very scummy.

Thank you
>>> Why do my gas permeable contacts get blurry?