Friday, September 7, 2012

Why does my new contact lens hurt when I blink?

I have monthly contacts, and I just barely started wearing new ones a few days ago. But ever since I switched for this fresh pair of contacts, I noticed that the one on my right eye started to hurt whenever I blinked. This doesn't happen until I have had the contacts in for at least a few hours, and then it starts in my right eye, but my left contact is totally fine.It's not a burning kind of pain, but it feels like there's something raised or blocking the way a bit when I blink my eye (if that makes sense). I don't know what's wrong though. I checked to make sure it's not inside out, I've tried hydrating it with solution on my eye (which doesn't help), and I'm pretty sure there's not scratch on my eye, since eye scratches feel a lot different from this. I've worn contacts for years and this has never happened with a new pair.It really bothers me when I start to feel it hurting as I blink my right eye in the middle of the day. Any help?
Added (1). Oh, and just to note, these are the same kind of lenses (including same prescription/brand/type) I've been wearing for the past two years (which is why I'm confused about the sudden problem), but this is the first pair I've gotten out of the new yearly supply boxes I got recently.
>>> Why does my new contact lens hurt when I blink?