Friday, January 18, 2013

Why does my eye stings every time I blink? - 1

I'm just a newbie with wearing contacts. I'm using Air Optix Aqua. I don't sleep with them. I remove them every night (usually with 8-10 hours of use). I also use Aquify drops often because I use my contacts in an air-conditioned room.

Yesterday, I was not able to put drops in my eyes. I went to an event and did some work. I also drove and the vent of the aircon was directly hitting my left eye. I experienced some blurring in my eyes but my eye drops are nowhere so I was not able to put it. After I got home, I placed some eyedrops minutes before I get them out. After removing the lens in my left eye, I feel stinging sensation every time I blink. I thought that it was only cause of too much wearing contact lens and dryness. But today, I still feel the stinging sensation.It is as if there is a foreign object in my left eye. I didn't wear my contact lens today just to be safe.

Did I scratch my cornea or something?
Added (1). I also remove them with clean hands and use Alcon Opti-free Replenish.

I also checked my eyes if there's dirt or scratch (though I'm sure I will not be able to see it, haha) but there's none. I feel the urge to rub my eyes but it will only worsen my eyes' condition.
>>> Why does my eye stings every time I blink? - 1