Thursday, January 17, 2013

Yag Pi laser before ICL causes increase in eye power?

I am 24 years old and have High myopia ( 13 in left eye and 12 in the right). I have recently decided to go for ICL (Implantable Contact Lenses). I had the Yag Pi laser a couple of weeks back and the doctor prescribed use of FML. However since the last couple of days I have noticed that my left eye is blurry and I am having difficulty reading with the same glasses I have been using since ever. I went back to the hospital and they determined that the power in the left eye has gone up to -13.5. But then they did a re test and said it is 12.5 and That it is common for the power to go up upto .25 or 0.5. I wanted a second opinion and went to another doctor where they said the power has indeed gone up to 13.5. I have an appointment with both doctors tomorrow. I am seriously reconsidering my decision to o for an ICL. Has anyone ever faced this problem before? Help pleaseeeeeeeeeee.
Added (1). A YAG Pi laser is done before a ICL to make small hole in the eye to allow liquid to flow between the front and the back of the eye.
Added (2). Correction: power In the left eye had gone up from -12 to -13.5
>>> Yag Pi laser before ICL causes increase in eye power?