Thursday, January 17, 2013

Is it normal that my own eyes cause my glasses to fog up?

I don't think this is anything to be concerned about, but I do think it's strange. When I push my glasses up on my nose so that the lens is closer to my eyes, my glasses slowly fog up. I know my eyes aren't touching the actual lens, but my lenses actually fog up to the point where I can't see unless I move my glasses a little farther away.

I wouldn't have given this a second though, except this reminded me about my last eye exam. When I had my last eye exam, the letters always seemed foggy. When my optometrist checked the lens, he discovered they were wet. He said he had never seen anything like it before, and presumed it was from some sort of sweat on my face (definitely not). After he wiped it clean and we restarted, the same thing happened a couple minutes later. Any ideas why this happens? I thought it was something worth bringing up considering my own eye doctor had never seen anything like it.
>>> Is it normal that my own eyes cause my glasses to fog up?