Sunday, November 18, 2012

What will my glasses look like?

I went to visit my opthamologist today to get a prescription made for glasses.My prescription is -5.25 and -5.00 also with 15 prism base out for each eye.In total for prism that is 30.As I was picking out a frame I couldn't get the one that I had originally wanted because the lady helping me told me that if the frame was too small than the lenses being made wouldn't fit the frame; in that case I had to get a bit larger of a frame. She also told me that I would probably have to order them there at the opthamology place because places such as Lens Crafters would either send them out and/or most places wouldn't be able to even make my glasses because they will be so thick. I was told that I can never go to any optometrists again. I also can't have contacts made because of how much prism there is. What does this prescription mean about my vision? How thick will my glasses be? What will they look like? Any advice or suggestions? Thanks! XoXo: Leslie <3 P. S. I got a Juicy Couture plum purple color frame. The frame isn't big it's small like ovals but I had wanted a very small frame originally.My lenses are supposed to be very super thick. Also, would this create a myodisc effect in my lenses since they are so think and the prescription is minus?
Added (1). image the frame looks similar to this but not black
>>> What will my glasses look like?