Sunday, August 31, 2014

How nit picky is TSA about how much you look like the picture on your ID (See details)?

For example; people change their hair style; lose or gain weight; go bald; etc. In my state where drivers licenses are good for 7 years before renewal; people simply tend to look different than they did when they were seven years younger.

There are a million and one reasons why many; if not most; people don't look exactly the same as they did when their driver's license picture was taken.

Myself? The last time I flew was two years ago which happened to be right after my license was renewed.

Since that time I have lost weight; cut my hair shorter and changed from glasses to contact lenses. You look at my license and it *could* be a different person. Not dramatically different; but enough to where I had a banker question it and have me recite the info on my license before cashing a check for me.

I'm flying from Richmond Virginia to Vegas in September. Where does this kind of thing fall with TSA?

Exactly how much of a "difference" between you and your driver's license photo is acceptable? At what point do they get suspicious; and not let you board the flight?

Do I need to get a new drivers license pic each and every time I change my "style?"

Read more: How nit picky is TSA about how much you look like the picture on your ID (See details)?