Saturday, January 19, 2013

Is this a sinuse infection or no?

Hello, about two to three weeks ago I was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I did not have any nasal discharge no nothing. All I felt was pressure around my eyes and into my cheeks, like literally it felt like fluid was swooshing around in my face.My doctor prescribed me meds before actually seeing me, and when I saw him he said immediately "Sinus Infection". I finished a ten day course of a antibiotics and a steroid. Two days before the end of my ten day course I STILL had the feeling that thing wasn't going away, so I called my doctor and was told there's nothing he can do about it until I finish the medicine. Anyways, here we are two weeks later. Ok three days ago I put in my contact lenses and started to feel slight pain under my eye. The day after that I put the lenses in and suddenly I got the shooting pain that literally ran down from my eyebrow, down the inner corner of my eye and down my nose! Immediately I took the lenses out! Mind you, I stopped wearing my lenses for about three weeks due to my sinus infection. Anyways, the next day I put back on my glasses and felt that same slight swooshing feeling and pressure rotating from eye to eye, around my brows, forehead, now a dull ache in my ear, and congestion in my nose. I went back to y doctor and he told me "I don't think its a sinus infection because if it was you'd have a runny nose, stuffy nose, coughing." I said to him, "But I didn't have any of those symptoms the last time!" He replied, "You didn't? Well I'd have my eyes checked because I don't think its a sinus infection." We left and I weeped while my daughter was pissed telling me what he said made no sense.My mom and Aunt already didnt like my doctor due to him always giving me meds before actually seeing me and when i would see him, he'd give me "The shot". Here I am this morning and my eye feels slightly itchy, congested, my ear still has a dull ache, and my nose on that one side goes from stuffy to clear! What the hell is wrong with me?
>>> Is this a sinuse infection or no?