Saturday, August 25, 2012

Should I get a second opinion from an optometrist? - 1

About a month ago, my eyes became very irritated by my contacts. They became bloodshot and felt very sore for a couple days after. I went in for an eye exam and the optometrist said she could not give me an exam and gave me medicated drops to help with some scars that formed in my upper eyeball that were still active.

10 days later I went back and she told me the right eye scars had healed but the left hadnt fully healed. She gave me the exam and told me not to wear contacts for another 7 days. She found that my left eye had a severe astigmatism and i needed the use of a toric lens. The right eye was okay.My prescription had changed from -6.25 and -6.5 to -5.0 in each eye.

I wore the contacts for a week and it was horrible.My vision was not clear and there was a huge difference in vision between both eyes which was extremely uncomfortable and disorienting. I went back today for her to check the prescription and I cant believe what she found…
The severe astigmatism in my left eye was gone. Now, my right eye has an astigmatism… and, my prescription is back closer to what it was originally… What the hell is going on? How can an astigmatism go away in the course of 2 weeks and appear in the other eye? I'm thinking of getting a second opinion from a different optometrist because this doesnt sound right at all. I'm using my old prescription glasses and my vision is perfect with them. Also, now the left eye scars had healed but the right scars have come back… this makes no sense… Just wanted to get some opinions
>>> Should I get a second opinion from an optometrist? - 1