Thursday, August 23, 2012

Does she like me or not?

I've known this waitress I meet on holiday since last year but didn't really talk due to the language barrier (her not knowing English & me not knowing Spanish) - I now know a little spanish that I'm gonna try tomorrow. However, we always tried to talk and see/smile. This year she is doing (listed below) but hy would a waitress girl, who did all these things:
- Lots of big, wide eyes smiling at me
- Always saying hello & good bye in spanish
- In close proximity of me (1-2 tables away)
- Stand in front of me at a table, looking at me, then when I looked up she smiles, says hello & keeps eye contact
- Keeps eye contact whilst smiling at me
- Glances over at me whilst she's working & when she comes from the kitchen she always looks over in my direction

why this afternoon would she change?

She was in close proximity of me for a while, she did look over in my general direction quite often when coming from the kitchen. I caught her looking at me whilst she was sorting a table, she'd start grinning & immediately turn her head looking downwards carrying on with what she was doing. She didn't talk & neither did I (kinda stupid I know) and not much eye contact.

Things to consider:
- She was wearing her glasses, not her usual contact lenses so she may have been slightly more nervous?
- I went to the dining room late; possibly not the best idea as they (waitresses) were very busy & 1 waitress commented to me that it was 'very hard tonight' in spanish
- I was sitting near the entrance
>>> Does she like me or not?