Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Possible to wear only one contact lens?

I was born with a crappy left eye. (worn glasses since first grade) Haha I actually only wear glasses for my left eye because the right lens has no prescription. I'm actually farsighted with mild astigmatism on my left eye and as it is, it's lazy (meaning my brain essentially ignores what my left eye sees). On a day to day basis I don't wear glasses because my right eye has perfect vision and I basically I only "see" with my right eye.So I see with "perfect" vision. I still wear glasses during class and when I'm reading or doing homework, but recently when I visited the optometrist, she said I could wear contact lenses if I want. She told me that I'd only need to wear it on my left eye.Is this actually possible? I don't want to doubt her (as she is the optometrist) but I thought wearing contact lenses in only one eye was bad?
>>> Possible to wear only one contact lens?