Monday, August 20, 2012

How many hours a day max can you wear Acuvue Oasys for?

I wore contact lenses for a year but abused them (occassionally sleeping in them and they were yearly lenses so protein deposits couldnt have helped), but i got minor neovascularisation as a result. After two weeks of stopping my contacts, the neovascularisation sorted itself out, but i continued not to wear my contacts for another month and a half. Now I have been put onto Acuvue Oasys which i know have very good oxygen permeability, but I was just wondering, when they say that they can be worn for up to 14 days, how many hours a day maximum are we looking at wearing them for? 8-10 hours? or is 12-14 hours ok?
Added (1). Oh and I also have the acuvue oasys for astigmatism lenses for my left eye - would the maximum hours for them be the same too?
>>> How many hours a day max can you wear Acuvue Oasys for?