Monday, August 20, 2012

Can an eye doctor prescribe 20/40 vision?

My prescription is -3.0 left and -2.75 right. I ran out of left contact lenses so i started wearing the -2.75 ones for my left eye too.My vision improved to 20/20 in my left eye. The next time i go to the eye doctors can i request to be prescribed a slightly weaker prescription? Something that will give me around 20/40 vision in both eyes? I feel that with all the outside work i do now that my vision will become accustomed to the weaker prescription fairly quick.Is it legal for an eye doctor to do that?
Added (1). Edit

I actually did a chart exam and my left eye was 20/20.My right was 20/18. I really don't believe my left eye would have improved if the prescription was not slightly weaker.
Added (2). Edit

I actually did a chart exam and my left eye was 20/20.My right was 20/18. I really don't believe my left eye would have improved if the prescription was not slightly weaker.
>>> Can an eye doctor prescribe 20/40 vision?