Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Would a stronger contact lens make my vision blurrier than it is now?

I went to the vision center in walmart to get a contact lens exam. Big mistake, I got what I payed for. The first lens they gave me was an acuvue 2 and it wasn't good. Then they gave me an acuvue oasis and sent me on my way with my prescription, -5.75 adjusted to a -5.25 for the lenses with a BC of 8.4. I went home and compared them with my current glasses and was seeing better with my year old glasses.So I called the office and asked if a stronger lens would help and they flat out lied to me and said the first pair she gave me (the acuvue 2s) were the Oasis with a -5.50. Upon further inspection I found that the acuvue 2s don't even come in a BC of 8.4. I've decided that they are incompetent liars.
Anyway, would a change in base curve account for the change in blurriness i experienced in the office when we went from the acuvue 2s to the oasis? How can you determine the correct base curve? It seemed like the optician i dealt with was just guessing. Also I know you usually make contacts weaker than glasses, is there a way to know how much weaker or is that guessing again?
>>> Would a stronger contact lens make my vision blurrier than it is now?