Monday, January 21, 2013

Would aspherical lenses be worth while in my eyeglasses?

I have nearsightedness and astigmatism, not super large prescription… don't have the numbers handy but is basically around -1.25.As a photographer I know that aspherical elements in a lens usually mean better optical quality so I was looking at aspoherical lenses for my eyeglasses.My concern is that when I went from 1.5 index lenses up to 1.57 I was sensitive to the change in curvature. When I'd turn my head, when my eyes went off centre, there was enough of a distortion to make it so I had a hard time adjusting to it. Aspherical lenses, by their design, are supposed to focus light differently and avoid that problem a bit.my lab only has aspherical in 1.67 index so would there still be that distortion I had because of the severe change in indexes? also with such a low prescription would aspherical be just a waste of money. I did notice a difference in acuity going from glass to plastic lenses so would I notice an improvement going from spherical plastic up to aspheric? thanks.
>>> Would aspherical lenses be worth while in my eyeglasses?