Saturday, January 26, 2013

Why does my vision (in one eye) decrease and improve over the course of the day?

Over the past two weeks, I have noticed that the vision in my right eye seems to go up and down over the course of the day.My Rx is -1.00 in my left eye and -.50 in my right eye. When I wake up, both eyes seem to have matching near-sightedness. For example, when I cover my right eye, my left eye cannot read the clock on my VCR from across the room. When I switch and cover the left, my right eye cannot either.An hour or so later, my right eye suddenly CAN read the clock. Very sharp and clear.It usually stays this way until 4 or 5 PM. Then, my right eye starts to fade back down to where it almost matches the left eye. Sometime around 7 or 8 PM, it usually bounces back up to normal, but around 9 PM it's back down again, where it remains until I go to bed. I am 26, male, have no history of eye disease, except for near-sightedness and very slight astigmatism (not deemed serious enough to require the astigmatism contact lenses). I have RA, so I am on methotrexate, but I have been on this for years and never had any problems. Had RK surgery in 2007, but my optometrist said that everything looks healthy when I saw him two months ago. I have no eye pain, redness, or tearing issues. Just slight headaches. Can anyone tell me what this is?
>>> Why does my vision (in one eye) decrease and improve over the course of the day?