Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dry eyes from contact lenses?

I've never done this before but this seems to be my last resort. I started wearing daily lenses last year but moved onto the 2 week lenses by Acuvue Oasys (apparently the best on the market) and they started out great, went to the US for 2 months, no problems whatsoever. Came back to the UK last Nov and I noticed that my eyes feel dry whenever I wear my lenses.An hour after putting them in I feel like tearing my eyes out! I've seen my eye doctor and he ran a couple of tests and said that my tear film is evaporating faster than it should be but other than that he couldn't find any other problems and there wasn't much he could do except recommend a few products to try. Now believe me when I say I feel like I have tried everything. I use an eye bag daily, I do eye messages often, tried eye drops including Systane, Systane Ultra and I have even tried an eye gel. I take Multivitamins, Iron and Omega 3. I have started using Blephasol lotion as recommended by my eye doctor. I drink plenty of water and my diet is good. I have tried napping whenever I have a chance just to get extra sleep and have even tried blinking more! Am I just destined to not wear lenses..? I have no idea what else to do! I will add that last year I found out I was anemic but not severely and I have been taking vitamins for a very long time. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Added (1). I am still wearing Oasys because my optician said they were the best. I have tried Cooper Vision Biofinity but they weren't any good.
>>> Dry eyes from contact lenses?