Thursday, July 24, 2014

Half red ring around eye?

Recently I had pretty bad pink eye in both eyes, it got so bad that it effected my pupils too. So after a week of very strong eye drops, my doctor said it was ok to wear lenses again. Keep in mind she said these drops would dry my eyes out a lot, but they never really bothered me so I rarely put in lubricating drops as well. Anyway, I put in fresh new lenses. I've been good for about a week and a half until about two days ago they would start to irritate me late at night from wearing. I'd wear them maybe 10-12 hours a day. Yesterday I put them in, the bothered me but I was always able to blink away the irritation and I did after awhile, but towards the end of the night my eye got pretty red around the pupil. Now I've got half a red ring around my pupil and it bothers me to look in one spot for more than ten seconds. Also, it hurts just a little. The pain seems to be in my upper eye behind the eyelid sort of. The ring is right where the contact seems to stop. Is the lense defective? My other eye is just fine wearing lenses. This one just seems to get redder as the day went by with the contact lens in. No discharge from my eye, no itchiness or stuff. I don't think it's pink eye again. Really concerned about this. I've been wearing contacts for over 5 years with no problems like this. Going to wear glasses and see a doctor soon.

Read more: Half red ring around eye?