Monday, August 10, 2015

Glasses or GP lenses this year?


So it's that time of year again for an eye exam. So I want to get a few opinions. I'm contemplating whether to get a new pair of glasses or fitted for gp lenses. Those are the options. I've tried soft contacts (toric, I have an astigmatism), and they're okay, but overall I'm not satisfied. After a couple of hours they make my eyes feel itchy and dry. My doctor thinks that it's due to mild dryness of the eye and that other soft lenses won't make a difference. He said I could try punctal plugs (soooo not doing that), or ridged gas permeable lenses.

So what you guys think? Should I give them a try, or just get a new pair of glasses? I really want to wear contacts, but like I said the soft ones aren't really working for me. My doctor's confident they aren't hurting my eyes, but I just don't like wearing them enough to do it often. I've only gone through a 6 month supply in a year.

(p.s. I'm aware that the gp lenses take a while to get used to.)

Read more: Glasses or GP lenses this year?