Sunday, September 30, 2012

Should I heighten my Spherical Prescript.or double my contacts?

I have astigmatism.
My prescription is base curve 8.7; diameter 14.5.
Right: -2.25/1.25 axis 160
Left: -2.00/-0.75 axis 10

Here's the thing, halloween is fast approaching and I REALLY want red colored contacts. I did some research and have seen people do one of two things…
Either I order prescription contacts, and raise my Spherical Prescription to compensate for the astigmatic number.ie.right: -3.0 ; left -2.25
OR. i order non prescription contacts and layer them on top of my existing toric lenses.

either way, i know i wont be able to see quite clearly and it may be a bit uncomfortable.however .. which option is my best bet???
Added (1). .. This is only for a one day thing, halloween! I just would like to do it the most comfortable way i can!
Also, every place Ive found to order these contacts has a standard base curve of 8.6 and diameter of 14.0. how much will that small difference effect me?
>>> Should I heighten my Spherical Prescript.or double my contacts?