Friday, August 1, 2014

Is it okay to try on someone else's contact lenses just to get used to putting them in your eye?

I've never had contact lenses before and I am having trouble putting them in my eyes during visits with an optician. I've gone in three times over a period of three weeks and haven't been able to get them in, the optician just tells me to leave and "practice" at home by touching the side of my eye after being there for 20 minutes each time. This just seems silly, I can easily touch the side of my eye now without blinking but I still am not used to the feeling of putting contacts in when I go to these appointments. They won't let me take my trial contacts home so I'm wondering if it would be okay to use one of my boyfriend's daily disposable contacts JUST to get used to putting the contacts in, I will not be wearing them all day as they aren't my prescription. Is there anything wrong with this? Can it damage my eye? I seriously wish they would just let me take my trial contacts home so I could just spend two hours trying to get them in at home rather than going into their office every seven days for 20 minutes.

Read more: Is it okay to try on someone else's contact lenses just to get used to putting them in your eye?