Sunday, September 30, 2012

Does artificial tear act as a temporary contact lens?

I wonder why is that every time, when I put artificial tears in my eyes
(to lubricate them since I don't blink that often, when I'm in front of a computer) I see much better, than before putting them.
My vision has degraded a little bit lately, mainly due to working on computer, studying, reading some books etc. A month or so ago I took a rest from all the electrical stuff, books and studies and it got much better, so I think, if I give them some relaxation and eye exercises they will return back to normal.
Sorry for digressing from my main question here, but I value my vision and will do my best to retain it and even improve it, so I would appreciate if any of you have any tips and/or exercises for vision improvement and back to the original question - does the fluid of the artificial (or natural) tear act as a temporary contact lens? It sure feels like it. After 10-15 minutes the effect subsides though
>>> Does artificial tear act as a temporary contact lens?