Friday, October 5, 2012

Refund Policy: What if I haven't received the product?

Hey There,

I went to a local optometrist the other day for a routine eye exam (I wear contact lenses). During my examination the optometrist kept telling me how amazing Brand X contacts were and gave me a trial pair. Afterwards, we negotiated a price and I ordered 8 boxes (2 years worth) of contacts. He told me they would be in by next week and he would email me.

It's been two days since my appointment and I have found my eyes to be irritated regularly throughout the day. This didn't happen with my old contacts. I want to tell him to cancel my order until I've finished my trial period to ensure that these contacts are going to suit me well. The only problem is that as I left I noticed a "No refund" sign.

My question is: If I haven't accepted the product am I contractually obligated to forfeit my right to a refund?

I'm going to call them tomorrow I just thought I'd ask here for the time being while they're closed.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Added (1). I reside in Boston, MA.
>>> Refund Policy: What if I haven't received the product?