Thursday, January 31, 2013

What are my chances of becoming a police officer?

Ok so here it goes: I am from Southern California but I am currently attending UC Berkeley. I am a Freshman in terms of semesters on campus but I have Junior Year standing in terms of Units completed (meaning I am all set to graduate in a year or so).

I really want to be a police officer in one of the following agencies: LA Sheriffs Department, Long Beach PD, LAPD, or any other Law Enforcement agency within a 50 mile radius to my parents' home in Fullerton California.

My ultimate goal is to build a solid resume during my years in local/state law enforcement so that I can become competitive for a federal agency (FBI for instance).
I am a linguistics major

My skills talents are:

1: Bilingual (English and Spanish fluently plus I am learning Korean)
2: I am tall and fit (I am 6'2" and weigh 207 pounds)
3: I have no criminal record whatsoever
4: I have over 500 hours of voluntary community service

My weaknesses:
I have astigmatism (which is correctable with glasses and or contact lenses).

Any input on what you guys think my chances of finding employment are and or what I could do to improve my chances would be helpful.
>>> What are my chances of becoming a police officer?