Monday, January 28, 2013

How to properly care for contacts?

I ordered my first pair of contacts the other day. They aren't regular contacts, they're called "circle lenses".

I did A LOT of research and decided to try them out. I got a smaller sized circle lens, I believe it was 14.2 in diameter. I've never worn lenses before but I was told that it'd be fine if I just ordered them without a prescription (0.00 plano). I do wear glasses but they aren't necessary for normal daily activities.

Anyway, they are going to be sending me a case for my contacts but I still want to go out and purchase a cleaning and storing solution.

I want to take the best care of the lenses as possible in order to decrease chances of infection.
What would you consider the best storing/cleaning solution to be?
I read that it's possible to buy a "3 in 1" solution, but I'm not sure if they are recommended.

Also, if I use the "3 in 1" do I have to clean the lens with a separate solution before placing them in my eye, or can I use the same solution they're stored in?
Do I have to clean the lens case out and refill it with fresh solution every time I store them?

Any other information on how to care for contacts would be greatly appreciated!
Added (1). I forgot to mention eye drops. I wanted to buy some eye drops in case they begin to dry out my eyes.Is it possible to buy a safe eye drop solution when you're wearing contacts? If so, what kind and what are they called?

Thank you!
>>> How to properly care for contacts?