Wednesday, January 30, 2013

OrthoK vs Day Contacts.what would you choose?

Personally i'm in a little bit of a dilemma here.
I'm 14 and I have terrible vision- probably have about -6.00 myopia in each eye in addition to a -1.25 astigmatism. However, I wear ortho lenses at night, so i am "glasses-free" during the day.
however, for the past few weeks, I have been struggling to see the board clearly at school, and I feel that the consistency of my lenses is lacking a bit… is this normal?

also, despite the fact that i wash my contacts every morning, there is this white blob in my left lens; it is not visual on the lens itself, but when i wear them at night, there is this huge blob that distracts me from seeing anything else-is that normal too?

considering the side effects mentioned, would day contacts be worth a try? im just really worried that my prescription may start to boom without ortho k :(
*note: my astigmatism/starburst vision only started after i started wearing ortho k 5 years ago.

thanks!
>>> OrthoK vs Day Contacts.what would you choose?