Sunday, January 27, 2013

Could my eye be seriously hurt?

I had a problem removing my contact lenses today - it was difficult because I had accidentaly fallen asleep with them in for a couple of hours.
I got one out, but the other one somehow went far behind my eyelid and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to move. I finally got it out after about 4 hours and my eye was red, irritated, sore and wouldn't stop watering. Now it's been about 12 hours since I got it out and my eye is still very red, narrowed and irritated. I used eyedrops for irritated and infected eyes and it feel a bit better now - it doesn't water as much and I can keep it open without problems, it just still doesn't look very well and is a bit sore.

I've been using contact lenses for several years and this has never happened before. Could I have seriously hurt my eye by trying to get the lense out? Do I need to go see an eye doctor or is it no big deal?
>>> Could my eye be seriously hurt?