Sunday, January 27, 2013

GPC and 2 week contacts?

Back in 2010 I developed GPC after wearing 2 week contacts successfully for about 6 years or so. I had never had any problems, and wore my 2 week contacts for about a month. (Same thing that my mother does). While I was out of the country, I began wearing circle lenses during the day and wearing my 2 week contacts at night (sleeping in them the whole night). Then in the morning I'd put in the same pair of circle lenses (they are good for a year). About a month later I started developing GPC, but I didn't know it. I didn't go to the eye doctor until November. I was diagnosed and put on eye drops and told not to wear contacts until my eyes healed. I used the drops and wore glasses until the eye doctor told me I could go back to lenses.
When I went back to lenses, I switched to the dailies. I have been wearing dailies for 2 years now and haven't had any problems. Now it's time for me to get another order of contacts, and I'm wondering if I can go back to the 2 week contacts (and actually wear them for 2 weeks instead of a month and not sleep in them). I would gladly stay with daily contacts, but they are just too expensive.It's much cheaper for me to get enough 2 week ones for a year.
I'm just wondering if it's likely that I will get GPC again from wearing 2 week lenses instead of dailies. Has anyone done this? Or are dailies really the only contact option after GPC? I'm assuming my GPC is healed since I have worn dailies for a year without problems… I'm just worried that it will come back if I switch to the 2 week!
Anyone out there with a history of GPC that wears 2 week ones?
I heard of some people getting GPC and then trying to wear dailies and they can't even wear those because their eyes just won't take lenses anymore… but my eyes have been fine with the dailies…

Thanks!
>>> GPC and 2 week contacts?