Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Can I shower/nap in my Contact lenses?

Ok so I dont do this very often and most of the time since when Im wearing my contacts seeing what I look at becomes so "normal" since everything is so clear and vivid that I forget that I'm even wearing contact lenses. First time I freaked out and left the shower just to take them off and got back in since my eye doctor said that I shouldn't shower, swim, or sleep in my contacts.So far I did both sleeping and showing, never swimming.Is that bad? I mean the contacts im using are AquaTech plus Premium Toric the monthly ones and Its only for an Hour or two. I did this about probably 8-10 times since I got them in December. I try so hard to stay up but when your about to go into a good nap you wont wanna move! I have NEVER full on slept in them like going to sleep for the whole night or anything and wont ever try to! I showered in them two times since I got them also. But on those times I realized I was wearing them when I was already in the shower and its not like i got any soap/water in my eyes. Should I stop this behavior totally from now on? Or is it not such a big deal? Im really good on all the procedures as far as cleaning and everything else goes! Letting my eyes rest a day or more out of the week from wearing them and leaving them to soak in solution for 6hrs+, etc
>>> Can I shower/nap in my Contact lenses?