Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A look into the future, c/c please?

Decided to try something new, and I'm not sure how it turned out, so I'd really appreciate any help I could get.

Contact lens video screens
switched on as the world shuts off.

Unblinking eyes staring past
as he heeds fantasy's call

Frozen in the dirty street,
utterly still, a statue
Just one more mental maggot
waiting to be carried off.

Stacked in heaps like firewood,
corpse-like but for the twitches
Crammed in so no more will fit
but it's not like they notice

They'll take a vacation
to a fortress of white rooms

Shrunken bodies minds slumber,
minds drowning in the sweet lie.
Reality's unpleasant,
So why not simply escape?

While everything's kept running
by prisoners, thugs, and thieves
lions turned meek as kittens
for their digital drug prize

I'm one of the last ones left,
a mouse, still uncaptured yet.
But I know freedom won't last.
the avian craft close in

I'm 'a threat to the Order'
or something along those lines

A jarring hit from behind,
a thud as I hit the street.

White gloved hands clamping down,
And harsh cries of victory

Reaching out, pleading for help
from people lost deep inside
the playground in their own mind
as the gray world fades to black

I awake to paradise,
I never expected this!

So this is what I had missed?
Don't you want to play here too?
>>> A look into the future, c/c please?