Friday, October 19, 2012

Spectacle Prescription of sphere +0.25 and add +0.50. What does it mean?

So i went and got my eyes tested for the first time the other day and i came out a little confused. I am having some eye strain issues from working on my computer so often as well as doing detailed paintings and embroidery.

The optometrist said I was far sighted and gave me a prescription saying Sphere: +0.25 (in each eye) and Add +0.50 (for each eye). I had to leave the optometrist straight after test and it wasn't explained to me completely what this meant.So I went to check out those reading glasses at the chemist and they only have +1.00. Does my prescription mean i should wear +0.25 or +0.50 glasses.

Will using the +1.00 be bad for my eyes when using them for my computer and embroidery work?
Should i go back to the optometrist and potentially pay more for frames and lenses?
>>> Spectacle Prescription of sphere +0.25 and add +0.50. What does it mean?