Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Is there a big difference between 170 and 0 (180) degrees on an eyeglass prescription?

I went to the doctor today and he gave me a prescription which is a tad different from the one he gave me one year and a half ago - the axis on the cylindrical lens for my right eye is now 170 degrees, compared to 0 (180) on the first prescription; the axis on the left eye is still 0.

It doesn't bother me when speaking of glasses, but on contact lenses I would have like to have the same prescription for both eyes. Can I order glasses with 170 degrees for my right eye and wear contacts with 180 for both or will this cause some problems?

Thanks !
Added (1). The prescription is:
Right eye: -1.00 spherical, -0.75 cyl, axis 170
Left eye: -1.00 spherical, -0.75 cyl axis 0

It's the first time I get a prescription for cylindrical contact lenses because until now I've had a -0.50 cyl, which isn't available on contact lenses.

I've been wearing glasses with -1.00 sph, -0.50 cyl, axis 0 (180) for a year and a half and I haven't had any problems, that's why I'm a little bit concerned about the axis change.
>>> Is there a big difference between 170 and 0 (180) degrees on an eyeglass prescription?