Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How to care for colored contacts? - 1

I ordered colored contacts from the UK the other day, to avoid the need of a prescription even when I don't need one, and all colored contacts are the same size.So. I don't see the point. Anyways.So I didn't get doctor specific instructions on how to care for them.
I know to change the case every few months
And the solution with every use
And to rub them befor and after
To wash my hands
To make sure my hands are dry because water contains bacteria
To never sleep with them
Etc

But my question is, are there any colored contact specific care instructions? Like any certain way to take care of the colored ones?
And
I heard that when you get them you have to let them sit for 8 hours in the case with contact solution, is this true? Or can I just use them after soaking them for say, an hour or two, maybe 3? Or even right away?

Also
I bought Opti-free replenish, is this good stuff? And should I buy separate eye drops for when my eyes feel dry or can I use this stuff?

Any tips for colored contacts would be great! They're not natural looking ones so I don't want the bashing for trying to change my eye color and what not. They're meant to freak people out(:
>>> How to care for colored contacts? - 1