Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Can I wear contacts with a high prescription?

I want to start wearing contacts, but I'm afraid that my current prescription will be too high. I think it is around -7.75 or something? Or -700, I'm not exactly sure… (the 700 is probably wrong). All I know is that I'm EXTREMELY near-sighted. I'm not kidding, I have to be like 10 centimeters close to read a book comfortably without my glasses.So yeah, maybe that will determine how bad my eyesight is… I know, I'm practically blind.

I want to wear them for sports and some special occasions like parties and such, I won't be wearing them all the time.Is safe for me to wear contacts with my current eyesight? I'd like to know what brands you would recommend to me, and the type (bi-weekly… etc). I heard Acuvue Oasys is pretty good. I haven't checked with my optician yet because I don't really have the time. And I'm 15, if my age matters and I started wearing glasses around grade 2 or 3. And I have astigamatism (blurry objects and words).
>>> Can I wear contacts with a high prescription?