Thursday, May 12, 2016

Why does object seem bigger when wearing contact lenses?

I just started to wear contact lenses. I had it ten years ago but then stopped wearing it after a while since it was very expensive. I just restart it now since there are far fewer people wearing glasses now.
However, with my contact lenses on, everything seems a size bigger than without the contact, i.e. My wrist, especially my face seems larger than without it or with glasses on, or the tv remote looks larger as well. Some of them seems slightly out of proportion too.
I have mild astigmatism -0.5 in both eyes. I am not sure if it is the cause of the problem. I could watch the High Def tv picture with the same sharpness as with glasses. My doctor said I don't need toric lenses.
Could someone tell me if it's indeed caused by astigmatism and need toric lenses or something else? I never tried toric before.

Thanks a lot.

Steven

Read more: Why does object seem bigger when wearing contact lenses?