Sunday, August 19, 2012

Why do my eyes turn red when I wear my contact lenses?

I have been using contact lenses for about 7 years now but lately my left eye turns red when I do. I've never encountered this before. This started about a month and a half ago. I stopped using my contacts and went back to wearing glasses once i noticed this. I also started using eye drops (for dry eyes) since I thought this was the cause. Once the redness faded I went back to wearing contacts again, but it just came back. After that I decided to really let my eyes rest from contact lenses. I think it was about 4 weeks that I went without wearing them. I just used them again yesterday. And now the redness is back. What can be the cause of this? My work requires me to look at the computer for a long time. I read books but with proper lighting.

Thanks for the help.
>>> Why do my eyes turn red when I wear my contact lenses?