Thursday, March 21, 2013

Do i need 1.74 high index lenses?

My Rx is -5.75 sphere -1 cylinder on the OD. -6.50 sphere and -.75 cylinder on the OS. Axis is both 180. PD is 61mm.

I had bought a pair of glasses that were 53 - 17 - 145 and b 33.7
my eye was not centered.it was very close to the inside/nose part of the lens.

the frames looked bad on me because my head was so small when you looked at me through the glasses (and made me look like a chipmunk). they were 1.67 high index.

i am getting a new pair, that is 51 - 19 - 145 and b 34. these are 2mm less wide in each lens (only 51 instead of 53). further, my eye sits in the center of these. they are also a thicker frame so it should "frame off" any distortions when looking at my head better.

anyways, do i need 1.74 high index or is 1.67 just the same? many have said 1.67 will do the same. but the people selling them are big on having me get 1.75 and polished. these frames are thick. i doubt i'll notice even if the lenses are thinner or polished.

is there anything bad about getting 1.74 besides the money loss?

thank you!

См. статью: Do i need 1.74 high index lenses?