Monday, March 18, 2013

How to tell if my eye prescription is too strong?

I broke my glasses, and I had to go to a different optometrist because I got my first pair less than a year ago on vacation over 5 states away. I went to contacts as well; they're Avaira 2wks. The optometrist didn't take very long doing my exam, and I don't know if the prescription is wrong, if it's me adjusting to the contacts, or a combination of both. I had a really light prescription (I believe it was -.075 in each eye) and a little bit of astigmatism in my first pair of glasses. The new prescription that I have in now is a -1.25 in each eye. This new optometrist said my astigmatism wasn't pronounced enough to warrant the extra cost of toric lenses. However, I have been wearing my glasses to drive, and the prescription still seems perfect for me. These new contacts, however, seem almost TOO sharp, and it makes it a bit hard to focus, and reading up close (even on my computer as I'm doing now) is a little bit blurry at times, and rather hard to focus. What should I do?

См. статью: How to tell if my eye prescription is too strong?