Friday, March 22, 2013

New eyeglass prescription makes peripheral vision blurry?

I have had astigmatism since the third grade (I am 24 now), so I am fully aware that there is a period of adjustment when receiving a new eyeglass prescription. This is especially true for me because I have a very high power in my lenses.

However, I picked up my new glasses this morning, and I am finding that the right eye is blurrier than the left, especially around the periphery of my vision. If I look at something straight on, it is pretty clear, but if I turn to look over my right shoulder, everything is a blurred mess. This isn't happening, at least not to such a noticeable degree, in my left eye.

My left eye had a bigger prescription change than the right, so I am a little bit confused. Will this go away over the next couple of days? I can't recall this ever happening to this degree with a new prescription. Thanks for any input!
Added (1). Thanks for the answer! I guess I should have clarified that I cannot wear contacts due to my astigmatism. When I refer to my peripheral vision, I mean looking through the lens at an angle from the side. When I do that, everything blurs/looks weird in just the right lens, not so much the left.

См. статью: New eyeglass prescription makes peripheral vision blurry?