Sunday, March 17, 2013

How to not care what people think of my new look? why were they teasing me?

So usually I attend College looking disheveled and geeky because I really can't be bothered dressing up. But last week I bought some lenses so ditched my glasses and decided to wear a little eye make up. I thought I'd also make an effort to look smart so wore a nice jacket(usually i wear a long coat) and tied my hair into a perfect bun (my hair is usually scruffy).

After College finished these girls from my class asked me if I'd walk home with them I just said to them "I'm going to hang around town for a bit"(i wanted to buy a mothers day gift). She asked "ooh are u going to meet someone?" I simply replied "no"

Then they started laughing and joked "Laura's going clubbing" and I told them I'm not the type (I'm an introvert). But they continued joking that I'm going out partying somewhere.

Later she asked me again who I'm going to meet, at this point I got annoyed and just responded "it's none of your business!" then she said "that means she is meeting someone,(then she whispered) no-wonder she's dressed up"

I also think they talk behind my back since I changed my look and giggle like school girls.

So I'm wondering now if I should go back to my scruffy ways since people make such a big deal? I'm also wondering if they think I'm an undercover sluuuut :( you know how silly gossip spreads.It's like I'm back in high school again. What is they problem?

But I want to change my look in order to get a decent job but I hate being judged and have confidence issues.

См. статью: How to not care what people think of my new look? why were they teasing me?