Sunday, March 17, 2013

New Prescription for Glasses?

I went for a check up with my opthalmologist the other day. I noticed that my vision had become worse and I was right. I'm having new glasses made that were sent out.It will take two weeks for them to come in because of the lenses that I need. They were sent out to a lab.My new prescription will be -7.25 and -7.00 with 50 prism base out so split between both eyes is 25 prism.My prescription also may have to be even stronger than that because I noticed with the corrective lenses my left eye was still blurry. I rushed because I was there for over three hours and had class that day. I'm going to call them on monday to try making sure I have the correct prescription that I need. Without my glasses my vision is 20/800 and with the glasses that I was wearing I was at 20/70. I'm nearsighted and read at newspaper print my doctor told me. For those who don't know what prism is, it is a type of lens that bends light.It moves things for people who have double vision. One prism diopter is equivilent to one centimeter. Prism is not made into contacts. I was told that my glasses are going to look ridiculous because of the fifty prism diopters that my vision requires.My glasses are going to be made even thicker than before. I obviously have to wear my glasses constantly. I can't have contacts made because prism isn't made into contacts. Please do not suggest any surgeries or Lasik because not only do I not like the idea of something inside of my eyes but also I know a lot of people still need glasses afterwards. Lasik will not help me with my eyes crossing. I have a muscle spasm in my eyes and a muscle problem.My vision flucuates.My question is will my prescription make my eyes appear smaller and how thick or ridiculous will I look wearing 50 prism split between both eyes?
Added (1). Your answers are very rude and disrespectful. I'm disappointed in consideration that you refer to yourselves as opticians. I asked this question looking for a serious answer, not your arrogant remarks. I currently have been wearing -5.00 and -5.25 with 30 prism split between both eyes.My new prescription is stronger and has increased by 20 more prism diopters. I can imagine this will make a noticeable difference with my glasses. Also when I was looking out of -7.25 the letters looked very tiny. This is why I am asking what my glasses will look like because I would like to know. There has been a jump in my prescription. If you have nothing nice to say then simply don't respond to my question. Quite honestly I am glad I do not have you as eye doctors because you sound like idiots and are jerks. Perhaps you should learn more about your own professions.

См. статью: New Prescription for Glasses?