Thursday, March 21, 2013

Can i wear regular (plano) colored contacts with astigmatism of this prescription?

I recently got contacts and was told that i have an astigmatism so i can't wear colored contacts but i never asked if it was because they would not correct my vision or if they would just not fit. I purchased a 6 month supply of prescription contacts for vision correction, so i thought maybe i could buy 2 boxes of colored ones for special occasions and occasionally change my eye color. When i looked at freshlook toric contacts however i noticed that their prescription is limited, and mine is too high. I asked a friend and she said i can in fact use regular contacts that are Plano even if i have astigmatism but they would not correct my vision. I wanted to know if this is true, i wouldn't be wearing them all the time and i'm used to my vision without correction so i thought it's worth looking into. Anyway i have my prescriptions which are:

Right eye: BC:8.6 DIA 14.5 D -3.25 CYL/AXIS -1.25 030
and
Left eye: BC8.6 DIA 14.5 D 2.25 CYL/AXIS -2.25 170

When i checked the freshlook toric contacts the D on my prescriptions was much higher, and i noticed regular contacts have a different prescription which only asks for power. I'm wondering if it is possible for me to wear regular non toric colored contacts with my astigmatism occasionally if they are plano. Any help would be great. :)
Added (1). On the left eye i forgot to add a - sign on the D so it's actually -2.25.
Added (2). It's weird but actually i've never had much of an issue with my vision it's a little blurry but i can see things pretty well. :) It's true that my vision correction is more important but sometimes we're a little vain so i just wanted to try changing my eye color on occasion but i'll be wearing my prescription ones most of the time.

См. статью: Can i wear regular (plano) colored contacts with astigmatism of this prescription?