Monday, November 26, 2012

Over 50's trying out contact lenses?

I am female, mid 50's and have tried to come to grips with contact lenses which has taken over a year, just taking my time to try to put trial ones in now and then with some difficulty and gentle coaching. This hasn't been often, only every few months have I given it a go and managed to get them in and out and same again. However I've developed mild blepheritis recently and I think perhaps they're not for me really now (perhaps). Just using one drop of Johnson's baby shampoo and cooled boiled water in an eye bath for a few seconds daily. Doc says too it's linked to rosecea that I've always had. Think the few trials I've done now'n then have probably triggered this. I've been told an anti-biotic cream or tablets might be in order (don't fancy tablets as not too keen on taking them for such a thing unless really necessary). I'm hoping that this will eventually settle down - just feels sometimes like a mild lash in the eye and almost feels like going across to other eye. Hope it goes away and now thinking the lenses not for me really (may have been a little fool-hardy to try but I did think it was worth it just to try circa 18 months ago). I wonder if there are any others who've got blepheritis (hormonal condition type of this due to age I'm told) and how it all pans out.It's a little uncomfortable and it'd be good to hear someone who knows about such things saying that it'll settle down. Thanks!
>>> Over 50's trying out contact lenses?