Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ortho k lens stopped working?

I will not explain what orthokeratology is, because I'm assuming the people answering the question already know about it. What help would a person who knew nothing about it give?

Anyways, I wear it every night, never skipping.My eyesight it pretty bad, last time I checked, -2.75 and -3.5 =_=
Anyways one day with my contacts on in bed I closed my left and right eyes and one of them seemed like the books were blurrier. The nights after that, it looked the same, so I just dismissed it.
And then today… in my last period class, the board looked kind of blurry. I put my contacts on for around an hour or two, then took them off, hoping that it would go back to normal vision. A little difference after I took it off but they were still blurry. I'm wearing it now, in hope that extra time would help.
I found this website after searching around:
http://www.clspectrum.com/articleviewer.aspx?articleid=12488
I'm not sure if it is the same regular myopia ortho k lens they are talking about or not, but do you think the reason is because my myopia has increased? or the lens got steeper? or is it overnight decentration? or back surface deposits? I have no clue. I haven't had an eye appointment in a long time, so I want to go this weekend. Please share your thoughts though. I don't want my eyesight to become worse, that's why I wore these in the first place! =_= Anywayz another day (before today) I noticed the board was a little blurry in my last class, but I told my self it was adjusting near and far because I was using the computer, because like a minute later it was clear again… so those were the 3 times I noticed it…
Added (1). Btw now I took them off… now far vision seem to be fine but not close vision? not sure how to describe it… less like it's blurry but like close things are covered in a haze/hard to focus on. WHAT ARE THESE LENSES DOING TO MY EYES!
Added (2). Btw, so close vision is like that, and far vision is kinda like a haze too… like it's not sharp… maybe its just my imagination
>>> Ortho k lens stopped working?