Monday, November 26, 2012

Does violet eye color really exist?

Do you think violet eye color truly exists? I'm talking about natural eye color of course, NOT contact lens; and I'm not talking about violet as in due to light refraction or a variant of dark blue color, but a real solid violet/purple color. Could there be such color for human eyes?

I often hear that Hollywood actress, Elizabeth Taylor, is said to have violet/purple eyes. Here are some of her close-up pics when she was young where her eyes look very visible:
Pic 1: http://www.audiolibra.com/images/lg_sn5658.jpg
Pic 2: image
Pic 3: image
On the 1st pic, her eyes look touched-up/enhanced to me (I don't know if colored lenses have already been invented back then), I don't think it's real. The 2nd pic may be genuine, but her eyes there don't look all that violet/purple to me.It looks rather dark blue, don't you think? But the 3rd pic looks kinda purple to me. I'm not sure, though…

Wikipedia has an article on human eye color where, as I remember, it once listed violet, but now the violet color section has been removed. Here's the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

I also once read on the internet that violet eye color can be found among people who live in the high altitude areas of Kashmir, Afghanistan and Hungary, but so far I haven't found any articles, literature or pictures to proof that statement.

So I'm wondering, is there such thing as violet/purple eye color? Has anyone here ever met people with 100% real violet/purple eye color? Do you think such color may exist on human's eyes? And for those of you who say that violet/purple eye color DOES exist, could you please provide me with your source or pics? Thanks!
>>> Does violet eye color really exist?