Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thinking of changing to contacts soon for everyday wear?

Hey Everyone~

Ok, so I've been wearing glasses since fifth grade and they've been fine, but you know now that I think about it, I'm in year 9 now, I'm thinking: why not change to contacts? i've heard that it gives better peripheral vision, easier to play sports (convenient for me).So now Ive been on trial for monthly lenses and todays around my 6th day wearing them. I really do like them much better than glasses, but now that I look back on a typical day out of these six days, I realise that I have actually been wearing them from 6:30 am until 10pm daily.At first I thought everyone wears contacts like this right?
But then I've read some answers about how long you should be wearing them and people are saying that 8-10 hours is the max! How is this possible though? Why aren't I allowed to wear it for a full day like I would with my glasses? Ok, I know the answer to that-because it doesn't allow a great flow of oxygen to my eyes, but I was just frustrated upon reading that answer, because my optometrist has not advised me of a maximum time that I must wear them until I have to remove them again!
SO, my question is: To the people who don't have a spare pair of glasses handy after the 8-10 hours of contact lenses wearing, what do you guys do? Do you just leave your contacts in regardless of time limit? If so, have there been any noticeable side effects or comments made by your optometrist on the latest checkup?
I started to get worried because occassionally my left eye would feel like its been straining both when I have my contacts in my eyes and when I take them out! My eyes never used to strain before these trial contacts, so i dont know whats wrong. Don't answer saying that my eyes needed to adjust progressively to the contacts(wearing them 1 hour first day, then 2 hrs next day etc) because I was wearing one day daily disposables before I got the monthlies trial and nothing seemed to happen back then!

THANKS HEAPS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO ANSWERS MY QUESTION :D
xoxoxo
Added (1). OH OH AND ALSOOO, WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE TO GET CONTACTS ONLINE FOR PEOPLE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA??? (has to be cheap!!) THANKS!
I know a few:
Clearlycontacts
Smartbuyglasses
1800contacts.com
Specsavers shop online (my current optometrist by the way)
>>> Thinking of changing to contacts soon for everyday wear?