Wednesday, November 28, 2012

SHAMPOO AND EYELINER ON MY CONTACT LENSES!

OMG so I just had a shower, and because I am very wary and cautious of the risks of showering with contact lenses on, I take them off and place them in their cases with solution in while I'm in the shower.
So today, I had eyeliner on the really thick black one (with kajol so like really inky) and then when i took my contacts off to place them in the case, the left contact came out with a bit of the black inky eyeliner on it! Me being a cautiounous freak am really really worried about what this might do to my lenses and my eyes if I were to put them again into my eyes (my lenses are monthly disposables by the way [CooperVision Biofinity to be exact] ) Not only this, but the black ink got smeared all over my left contact lense cases and so I was freaking out about this as well, but then I just used my fingers and lens solution to scrub the black ink out of the case (is this safe???)
And to add to this, because I was so worked up about the black ink on my contacts, I washed my hands with soap and rushedly wiped my hands but didn't realise that I hadn't wiped them properly! So when I took my contacts into the palm of my left hand and started to do the disinfecting procedure(you know rub in circular motion with finger) the solution rubbed off onto my hand (obviously) and the soap that hadn't been washed off seeped into my contact lenses!!! ARGHHH I am super frustrated now and don't know what I should do!
Right now, I'm wearing my spare pair of glasses (thank god i had them!) but what ive done is just put my two contacts in their cases with new multipurpose contact solution and am going to leave them in overnight until the black eyeliner ink and soap go away from both contacts hopefully!
Does this seem like a legitimate thing to do, or should I do something more to reduce the chances of infection to the contacts???

PLEASE HELP ME, I AM REALLY WORRIED AS I AM A NEWBIE TO MONTHLY CONTACT LENSES AND I AM A VERY PRECAUTIOUS PERSON D:
>>> SHAMPOO AND EYELINER ON MY CONTACT LENSES!