Sunday, October 14, 2012

Can I wear circle lenses with my prescription?

My prescription is:
OD:

BAS: 8.6
DIA: 14.5
SP: -0.50
CYL: -0.75
AX: 180

OS:

BAS: 8.6
DIA:14.5
SP: Plano
CYL: -0.75
AX: 180

My doctor gave me toric lenses as a trial, they fit fine but I would like to get a pair of circle lenses

The diameter and base curve for the circle lenses are the same as my prescription but they do not correct the astigmatism. I was wondering if it would be the same prescription just without the help for astigmatism? And do i have moderate or slight astigmatism?
Added (1). Thank you for replying and I meant circle lenses as in the ones that are used to give the eyes a larger appearance.

The reason I wanted spherical lenses is because I was told I had a slight astigmatism that I might not need toric lenses… also because the cost is less for regular lenses.

BUT I did want circle lenses because of the cosmetic effect for halloween and a couple of halloween parties. The only problem is that I want to be able to wear them, not hurt my vision, and see.
>>> Can I wear circle lenses with my prescription?